Popular with Other Fans

Saturday, January 15, 2011

I'm detecting some patterns :)


I'm a numbers guy. I've always been great with Math, loved puzzles and watch trends carefully with everything I'm involved with. The really odd thing about that is I hate fantasy football. I guess I should correct myself in saying I like numbers and trends when you can maximize a productive result. Fantasy football is a fun result ... number crunching sales is productive :)

Ever since I first started putting out material I've watched things closely. I change how I do updates and watch the trends. I look at how certain models are received both when they are being published by others and when I'm the only one putting material out with them in it. I'm a bit of a geek because I wrote a heat map program that I export my sales data into. For anyone unfamiliar with a heat map, it's basically a grid of where you color-code values. The cooler and darker the color, the less the value and the hotter and brighter the higher the value. The end result is that every time a clip of mine sells those keywords get weighted into my heat map application.

Now what does all this mean? Well, I know that you like the models I've shot with that people haven't put any material out of or any material in the last 5 years. I know you like elbows that are jammed together. I know you like a lot of things. I'm not giving anything away but suffice to say that out of the last 10 clips that I have put up, they have performed in a manner that I expected. That's great because it lets me put up what folks like and gear future shoots towards those trends. And when the trends change I'll see it!

My latest clip is part of that. Every clip with the girl in it sells well. She's cute, her elbows can be glued together, she can take a huge gag and she makes the most adorable noises. She shows up as orange in my heat map which is respectable being so close to red. The content of this clip is a bit different, so we'll see if that changes the trend. But so far my heat map on this model shows good things. Check out Elita in She Came for a Story and see what happens to a nosy reporter trying to get a scoop on a serial kidnapper!

No comments:

Post a Comment