Popular with Other Fans

Thursday, November 11, 2010

New twists on old favorites


The first four or so years I shot I did what a lot of people do when they shoot bondage. I had my favorite positions and relied on the models, clothing and settings to provide variety. Everyone got the same four or so stock positions with something unique thrown in for flavor. And EVERYONE got a hogtie. That gets a little boring as a rigger, so I started experimenting and that continues to this day.

Symmetry has always been in my nature. I wrote recently about loving elbows that touch because of the look. I was referring in part to the symmetry. Going against that was very out of my nature but when you challenge yourself artistically that's when you often get the best results. I started experimenting with asymmetry. Wow did I love the results. Bondage is about drama and a nice, tight tie can certainly bring that, but the angles of an asymmetrical tie do the trick nicely when done correctly. Since then everyone has been getting a mix and every shoot is an experiment in what I can do with lines.

I've been doing my "hogtie hell" series with a number of models, and Kerri Taylor was no exception. She's done it twice in fact. The first one was a sweet asymmetrical hogtie that was far more taxing than the tightest hogtie. It cinched her in 3-dimensions and pushed her flexibility to the max. Her exact words afterward were, "I'm going to hate you for about ten minutes so just leave me alone. After that we can be friends again." That only lasted about a minute, but it's a great way to let you know that it wasn't an easy hogtie. Kerri Taylor in Hogtie and Strappado from Hell was a fun one!

No comments:

Post a Comment