Popular with Other Fans

Monday, November 1, 2010

Just Hanging Around


I absolutely love a video I shot with Maria Shadoes some years back. I had a little different formula back then since I was working mostly on a tripod for the camera work. Sure, I had a DV camcorder but it still produced somewhat shaky results when the footage was hand-held. I even went so far as to make a steady cam, but it was useless for shooting in tight spaces. Where was I? Oh yeah, I shot mostly on a tripod. The problem with shooting on a tripod is my style has always been about drama and the best way to get drama with static angles is a lot of camera cuts. The change in scene tells the brain that something is happening and makes it get "re-interested" in what is going on.

The big lead-in is basically to say that a lot of cuts means a lot of editing! I've wanted to put up this video for a while, but it's been a real bear to edit into something I am comfortable releasing. I could just throw up 35 minutes of Maria wiggling with her elbows welded the entire time, but I demand drama. My post-production motto is the same as my restraint motto. The editing has to be quality; if it's not tight it's not right. My editing software isn't helping either because it keeps choking on empty frames I forgot to fill (technical blah blah).

Regardless, I will figure it all out and get a clip up soon. It's going to be called Maria Shadoes in Do Not Disturb and will feature a tight chair tie, callous man-handling, jacked hogtie and a door suspension in a hotel. The entire time poor Ms. Shadoes wears my fattest ballgag and a tight wrapping of gauze over her entire face. Wish me luck ... this edit has been fighting back harder than Maria did during the takedown at the beginning of the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment