Popular with Other Fans

Monday, September 24, 2012

Mummification Madness Struggling Challenge

Still six minutes to go provided you keep struggling!
I have been going through a lot of electrical tape lately and for good reason. People seem to like the black and shiny look. I have been wanting to mix it up a little though which I found two ways to do. Hannah Perez is just plain awesome and a real champ when it comes to my devious schemes. She will always listen with interest as I explain just how difficult the position and predicament will be. She asks a couple questions and then invariably says lets go for it. I view it as a great compliment as she has never told me no to an idea, and she always finds a way to pull it off.

Our mummification together came about because of a failed custom request. Custom requests are often not really attempts at a custom. I do not think most people are being surreptitious, I just think they do not realize that talking about the possibilities is more stimulating to them than actually nailing down a custom and producing it. Most of the requests are legit but a fair share are just people mentally masturbating, looking for free images or just wanting to talk about an idea without a true goal of realizing it through production. A common scenario is somebody will describe a position and then ask to see models that I think can handle tough restraint. I will send a list of names and then invariably I get asked to show samples of them. I then point out that they are easily found on the internet through my ports, blog, stores, etc. Then they disappear from my email inbox forever.

There is a fine line walking between someone's fantasy and what is actually achievable through the budget that they have available. There is also a fine line having a number of interesting ideas from people that would make great clips, but they often come from what I call seeders. Seeders are people that email you about a custom clip, describe the scenario and then back out. Their goal is to get you to produce the idea yourself. They go into excruciating detail about the scenario, the materials used and the interactions with the model. They never actually want to talk about cost, timing or finalizing production. Eventually when those topics become more of a focus for me they stop returning emails.

Because I am a complete bastard I have away of handling seeders. I take their idea, change the parts that I feel were most important to them and then make the clip myself. The mummification that Hannah is experiencing was supposed to be done with saran wrap covered with silver duct tape. Her eyes were to be covered and the scenario was about an abduction. She was to be given no chance of escape. I changed all of that. I used nylon encasement and black electrical tape. I turned it into an instructional video where Hannah was a willing participant. I made it a challenge where she would be let lose after a set period of time. I then did an interview with her at the end.

I love doing customs. I appreciate all of you making custom requests. Those of you though that think you are smarter than me though, who think you can trick me into producing something for free, are in for a shock. I will do your clip for free and giving you nothing that you thought you were sly enough to trick me into doing. Your blonde will be a brunette. Your tape will change color or become gauze. You scenario will be the exact opposite. You fantasy will just not exist in the clip ... and it will sell.

I will end by saying that a frogtie mummification has been requested by several people. This blog is not about you, you are all great! This blog is about a great position, a great gal and someone who wasted my time with 16 emails only to inspire me to my finest (IMHO) mummification to date. For than I thank you :P

Image courtesy of Hannah Perez in Tight Tape and No Escape Mummification.

No comments:

Post a Comment