Popular with Other Fans

Monday, August 27, 2012

Spam Filters Eat My Custom Requests

Ruler of the New Ottoman Empire!
Every 30 days or less I have the highly enjoyable task of weeding through my spam filter. Since text lacks tone re-read the previous sentence and apply the highest amount of sarcasm possible. In the early days of my store it was quite easy. There's a handy button that gets rid of everything in my spam filter. Those days are long gone though since my email address is now known to the Internet in most part to me using it to advertise customs.

This leads to the creation of a monster that subsists solely on nourishment from my custom requests and other business opportunities. Don't get me wrong, I worked for an ISP before and spent a lot of time with filtering. It basically works like this. You watch for suspicious emails, pull out items that can be used to flag those emails in the future and then you have a spam filter. Spammers aren't stupid though, so they start sending emails with headers saying things like, "Hi honey, your Gramma wants to know how you're doing."

The end result is a random collection of emails getting caught in the spam filter without any rhyme or reason that I can see. This person has a yahoo email address, and this one has a hotmail. People spam from those, get rid of them. This person is mentioning a link exchange, that's spam. This one mentions a viable business opportunity. Wait, viable opportunities are spam. This girl wants to model for me but her interest in my portfolio is obviously spam. The monster is loose and it's easing my emails.

Every two weeks I try to go through all my spam because interwoven within every 50 emails are 3 custom requests, 2 link exchange requests, several offers to trade, buy or sell content, a couple model requests and several attempts by fans to just say hello and comment on recent clips. I salvage a lot of them, but I don't get all of them before the 30-day timer ticks down and eats valid emails. Welcome to the modern age of convenience! That my friends is the glorious morning of a bondage producer and even worse the better part of a day for models.

As such we're going to pretend that poor Ashley up there is spam, and I've put her in a very uncomfortable spam filter. It's the tightest balltie I've done in a while combined with the tightest breast bondage I've done in a while. Since spam filters seem random to me I'll do something random as well. When my Twitter followers reach 252 I will put up a free preview, free samples and then offer the clip for sale on both of my Clips4Sale stores. Tweet this to your friends ... or don't ... now that's random!

No comments:

Post a Comment