Popular with Other Fans

Monday, February 21, 2011

Time Out



I get into these periods where I feel ultra-creative. That sounds like a good thing, but it's usually a nightmare. I'm the type of person that isn't a bull in a china shop. When ideas pop into my head I get a lot of them. That's generally disruptive to moving forward on any idea. That's why I try to write down everything. It can take 30 seconds for something cool to be forgotten forever.

I'm in that period right now. I have a great idea for a photo campaign. I'm working on some interesting ideas for new videos. I've gotten back to 3D modeling and drawing again. On top of that I've been programming. You know what they say about trying to be a jack of all trades ... you end up being a master of nothing.

That means the goal is to simplify. I still want to do everything, I just can't do everything to the scale I'd like. That's the key to pulling off being a jack of all trades. I don't want to be the best comic artist in the world. I'd just like to have a comic. That means doing pages at a level I would consider terrible for a commissioned work but totally exceptionable for a comic page. Being a perfectionist and a jack of all trades never works.

I will not however accept sacrifices in my main areas of film and photo. Those are the areas where my ideas are the richest. I have a video series idea that is fresh for me and I feel compelling to fans of the genre. As with everything though my original scripts are technically complicated. That's why this week I'm continue to work on keeping the spirit of the idea but in a form that can actually be accomplished! While I do that, updates have begun again.

The other day was a sampling from a "lost" tape. Every so often I pull out a tape to file it away. Since I suck as cataloging up front I have a process where I run through all 63 minutes to make sure I ripped everything worth showing. Every so often I find some footage as I did the other day. It's of Kerri Taylor in a taught chair tie. We were having trouble with some dialog, so I said the hell with it. We started with her gagged and just showed things getting worse and worse. Finally she's tied with ankles up, elbows together and raised and her neck pulled down. Normally she'd have the chair moving all over the floor but the position made her feel like she'd fall on her face ... it's nice to have a little psychological restraint every so often. She knew she was in trouble, she was facing a corner ... she was in Time Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment